Trojan.tarodrop.m is a trojan that can be acquired by visiting compromised websites or by the user executing infected files that they may have downloaded through some form of file sharing. Once trojan.tarodrop.m has been installed on your computer, it makes several file and registry modifications. One of the primary functions of the modifications are to make the removal of the trojan as complicated as possible for the average unsuspecting computer user. This trojan displays the usual annoying fake antivirus pop-ups. And you may also have problems when you try to open executable files or access websites online. Trojan.tarodrop.m will also secretly download additional malware onto your computer, which will only make the situation worse.
How to remove trojan.tarodrop.m
You’ll need to download the programs listed below on a clean computer and then copy them onto a flash drive or cd for use on the infected computer and they include:
- Emsisoft Antimalware
Trojan.tarodrop.m removal procedure step by step:
- First, start your computer up in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” by pressing the “Function F8” at start-up before the “Windows” logo appears.
- Once you’re in “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” start “Windows Explorer’ by typing “Explorer” at the command prompt. Your desktop should appear and then you can handle the virus with point and click access.
- The next task that you should complete is deleting your temporary Internet files. This can be done by opening Internet Explorer and then selecting the “Tools” drop down and then selecting “Internet Options” and then by clicking on “Delete” directly under “Browsing History”.
- Next, before executing Combofix, disable your current antivirus utility, if it’s running. Then afterwards execute the copy of Combofix that you copied onto a flash drive or cd. Combofix may take 15 minutes or more to complete it’s multistage scan. It’s scan will involve 50 to 60 stages, but it won’t take too long to complete.
- After Combofix has completed it’s scan and malicious file removal, install, update and run a complete scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware to clean out any additional lingering threats.
- After Emsisoft Antimalware has finished scanning your computer, quarantine anything it detects as a threat and then restart your computer.
- Once the computer has restarted, check it for the pop-ups that you were receiving before. And also open a web browser and check for uninterrupted online access. At this point, as long as there aren’t any indications that you’re still infected, your computer should be back to normal. If there are still indications of an infection, you probably should contact a professional to clean up your computer.
The information in this article is provided "as is". It should be used for educational purposes only. Smith Technical Resources makes no guarantees or claims that the information contained in this article will help you completely remove the above listed malicious program(s) from your computer.
If you feel uncomfortable performing any of the procedures that we've listed on this page, please contact a professional computer repair company in your area and have them complete the needed repairs on your computer. Smith Technical Resources takes no responsibility for any possible damage that could result from your use of the above instructions.